Saturday, February 02, 2008

My Dues Cleared
Amidst green valleys, on a rocky ledge stood the Roys along with their kin admiring the natural beauty of the place. Mr. Roy had been to Dehra once, when he recalled was no larger than little Romy and then had little interest in mountains, for he feared of height. As Mr. Roy conveyed these details, Suman chipped in saying “Altiphobia had been a family thing ” (which she had learnt from her mother-in-law) and graced God that her little-ones had been spared. Romy and Bonny chirped imitating the sounds that echoed the place. I guided them downhill describing the gurgling brook that awaited us. The children hurriedly rushed to the banks (despite Suman’s warnings) and dipped their white soft hands and drank mouthful only to shoot water jets at each other .The scene reminded me of my encounter with a baby elephant in Digboi, who bathed herself using her trunk as a shower ….Ha! Ha! …I laughed my heart out and the children laughed at it. Then all five of us laughed to our hearts’ content. The game continued for sometime as we relished the shade and company of the blue above and beside. A story-telling session followed which I am sure the family enjoyed. Meanwhile Suman unpacked the ham-sandwiches, sausages and fresh tomatoes served with boiling coffee that was kept in thermos. We gratefully lapped all of it fine and cleared up the mess. The children loved doing chores (given a opportunity) and washed the plates in the stream .we strolled further in the wood-lands and a drizzling rain pattered on our backs. Raindrops had always enchanted my senses. I could see that joyous reflection on the young faces. Suman and children preferred to relax outside in the garden. Mr. Roy cleared my DUES and offered a cup of tea. I rejoiced the tea with the children going merry-go-round. I would soon leave but lacked the note of satisfaction. I got up the chair (reluctantly)…”
“ Uncle, Uncle come here.. (Cried the little angels). Romy and Bunny leapt on my lap and planted a gentle kiss. I HAD MY DUES CLEARED !!
The above piece was written under the influence of the magical worlds woven by Sorcerers of different lands …. Paulo , Bond , Richard Bach…others .It is dedicated to the young spirits of innocence who believe that every soul is potentially divine .

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yeah i shall kep doting on uou lets come back soon.... altius

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info »